Do you want to know more about the meat you eat and how it is prepared?
Many food programmes such as Tom Kerridge’s Proper Pub Food and Master Chef feature wild foods such as rabbit and venison, and some of the cheaper cuts of meats with which many people are unfamiliar with.
Drawing on our family links with award winning local butchers Whitehead’s, we run a range of butchery courses and demonstrations that help people appreciate a whole new range of meats.
Our butchery courses are perfect for:
- Individuals with a passion for meat preparation
- Small holders who want to learn how to prepare the meat they have raised
- Chefs who want to extend their skills and get more value out of their meat.
- Sausage Making Experience
- Wild Meat / Game, including Venison – how to skin, gut and pluck
- Practical Butchery
- Introduction to Pork Butchery
- Introduction to Lamb Butchery
The full butchery courses are limited to 4-6 people (depending on animal size) to ensure that everyone can have a chance to ask questions and receive personal attention. There will also be an opportunity to buy some of the meat that is butchered during the day and order some cuts for making sausages.
The price includes all tuition, course notes, light lunch, meat and refreshments during the day. The tutors are Stephen Whitehead and Lee Banks who are both very experienced butchers and very knowledgeable about the cuts of meat and can answer any questions you may have.
Check out our What’s On Calendar to see what butchery courses are coming up.